“The People Speak” is an area to voice your concerns and questions about the future of the Seneca Army Depot.
As the IDA and local governments start looking seriously at the future of the Depot and its white deer, a number of our supporters have been writing to Finger Lakes Times and other local papers to let the readers know how they feel. See below for links to some recent Guest Editorials and letters to the editor.
FINGER LAKES TIMES: Forward thinking needs to be done before white deer are gone. Greg Z. Seneca Falls
FINGER LAKES TIMES: “Teaming up for the depot — Varick, Romulus trying to work out post-Army strategy” – by Tom Bouchard, Planning Board Chairman for Town of Romulus
- LETTER: Disagrees that the Seneca IDA is doing such a good job
- LETTER: Learn more about program that could help white deer
- LETTER: White deer provided many unique memories
If you agree with our proposals and would like to voice your support, we encourage you to write to you supervisors, you legislators and your local papers. Let them know that the deer are important and the opportunity to make a world-class attraction here in the Finger Lakes should not be wasted.
Please enjoy the following media and opinion articles from other concerned citizens:
WGRZ TV News, July 23, 2011
WGRZ News from Buffalo did a great story on the former Depot and interviewed Dennis Money about the white deer.
This is one of our favorite television spots from when CBS interviewed our president, Dennis Money, in 2006:
CBS News: December 16, 2006
- Those unique white deer need our help before it’s too late
- Deer: Once a blessing for military, now for all of us
- Article: Field & Stream
- Article: How Much Room to Roam?
- Article: Old fortress yields to sightseers at Seneca Army Depot: Rochester D&C
- Comments on Proposed Master Use Plan
- Editorial: A National Treasure
- Editorial: The Seneca Army Depot-What Fate Awaits?
- Editorial: The White Deer are a Priceless Asset
- Girl Scout: The White Deer Need Your Help